How to Join Us on a Mission in Ghana
Have you ever wondered how YOU could join us on a mission in Ghana. We understand it is one thing to support the work we do and stand behind our commitment to serve the children, mothers, and families in these villages, but yet another level of engagement to sign up, raise funds and pack your bags for a two-week sojourn of service in Ghana.
If you are wondering how it could happen for you, let’s look at the first steps.
HOW IT WORKS
Each participant in a Ghanaian Mothers’ Hope mission in Ghana raises $3,500 in donations to help pay for the costs. These donations are made to Ghanaian Mothers’ Hope and are tax-deductible for the donor as provided by law. Each participant will benefit from these gifts. In the event a participant is unable to travel, these gifts will then benefit other participants in GMH mission programs.
- Each first time participant needs to raise $3,500
- Each returning GMH participant needs to raise $2900
GMH COSTS PER PARTICIPANT PAID BY DONATIONS RAISED
- Airfare to/from Accra: $1500 – $2400
- Hotel for 10 days: $300
- Local Transportation: $1000
- Trip/Medical Evacuation Insurance: $100
- Tourism/Entertainment: $100
- Food for 10 days: $500
- (breakfast and lunch daily, some dinners*)
- Program supplies/expenses: $300
TOTAL: $3500 – $4160
In addition, you would want to bring your on spending money as participants are responsible for the cost of a few dinners, incidentals, and you may wish to purchase personal gifts to take home.
HOW WE SUPPORT THE FUNDRAISING EFFORTS OF OUR MISSION PARTICIPANTS
Each participant is given access to our crowd-funding donation page as a means to attract and facilitate donations from friends and acquaintances far and wide. Many benefit from partnering with community groups and schools to raise funds. Be creative, reach out, and remember, where there is a will, there is a way.
Of course, we have to have a basic timeline to gather funds to pay for expenses in the months leading up to departure.
- Letter of agreement with initial donations due by January 31: $600
- Second group of donations due by March 15: $1500
- Third group of donations due by April 15: $1000
- Final donations due by June 1: $ 400
These are just the first steps in an adventure that will change lives. Your service will impact others, but you, too will most definitely grow from the experience.
To learn more about going on mission in Ghana, complete the form below and we’ll be in touch with you.